Adventure rank is an important part of Genshin Impact, and effects what’s available in-game, and whether you can do certain quests. You can increase your adventure rank by opening chests out in the world, completing quests, doing daily commissions, as well as beating bosses and claiming their rewards using resin.
Here’s what you’ll unlock as you raise your adventure rank:
- AR 8: Blossom of Revelation. Find this challenge in the world and defeat enemies to earn experience items for levelling characters.
- AR 12: Blossom of Wealth and Daily Commissions. Blossom of Wealth is same as above, but grants mora, while Daily Commisions earn you adventure rank exp and primogems for wishing for characters.
- AR 10: Codes. You can now redeem Genshin Impact codes (opens in new tab).
- AR 14: Expeditions. Head to the adventurer’s guild to send characters out to farm mora, minerals, or food. Certain characters have expedition time reductions depending on region, such as Keqing, Bennett, Fischl, Chongyun, and Sara.
- AR 16: Co-op and Domains of Forgery. Co-op lets you play with others, while domains of forgery are challenges that earn you materials for ascending weapons.
- AR 20: Spiral Abyss and Battlepass. The Spiral Abyss is a dungeon that represents Genshin Impact’s seasonal challenge, as you fight through it with your best characters to earn rewards which are regularly reset. The battlepass also grants you rewards through play for achievements such as cooking meals, using resin, beating bosses etc.
- AR 22: Domains of Blessing. As with forgery, these domains allow you to earn and farm artifacts.
- AR 25: Reputation. By completing quests and certain tasks, you’ll earn reputation in each region. Reaching certain reputation levels grants rewards, the best of which is arguably the condensed resin recipe you get for reaching level 3 in Liyue.
- AR 26: Story Keys. By completing daily commissions, you can earn story keys and unlock quests for specific characters. A lot of these quests do have a requirement of adventure rank 40, though.
- AR 27: Domains of Mastery. These domains offer materials for ascending characters to new level caps and levelling their talents.
- AR 28: Serenitea Pot. This unlocks the “A Pot Called Home” quest, which gives you a teapot item that contains its own realm, letting you build a house, grow plants, and keep fish.
- AR 45: Mystic Offering. Lets you combine five-star artifacts at an alchemy bench to create a strongbox containing a five-star artifact of a specific type.
Adventure Rank also increases world level, changing the difficulty of enemies, and the quality of the loot they drop.