In Minecraft, you can create spectacular fireworks by crafting and shooting firework rockets. Let’s explore how to use fireworks.
Types of Fireworks
In Minecraft, you can craft different types of fireworks such as small ball, large ball, burst, star-shaped, and creeper-shaped fireworks in various colors.
Small Ball Fireworks
Large Ball Fireworks
Steps to Use Fireworks
You first start by crafting a firework star which determines the type and color of the fireworks. You then use the firework star as an ingredient to craft a firework rocket, which is shot in the air to display the fireworks.
In this example, we are going to show you how to use fireworks by shooting an orange large ball firework rocket into the sky at night.
1. Select Firework Rocket
First, make sure you have crafted a firework rocket. Then add your firework rocket to your hotbar and select it in your hot bar.
2. Wait for Night
Your firework can be shot during the day, but it will look better at night. So you can either wait until it gets dark in the game or you can use a cheat to set the time to night or midnight. In this example, we are going to set it to midnight so that it completely dark outside.
3. Shoot Firework Rocket
Next, you will want to use the firework rocket. The game control to use the firework rocket depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), right click on the block.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap on the block.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, right click on the block.
- For Education Edition, right click on the block.
If you look up in the sky, you will see your firework rocket shoot up and exploded into a beautiful light show. In this example, we shot an orange large ball firework rocket. But there are many different types and colors of firework rocketsthat you can craft.
Congratulations, you just learned how to use fireworks in Minecraft.