In Minecraft, you make a dragon head look as if the mouth is repeatedly opening and closing. Let’s explore how to do this.
In Minecraft, these are the required materials to open and close a dragon head.
Steps to Open and Close the Mouth of a Dragon Head
1. Place the Dragon Head
First, you need to place the dragon head on the ground. Position your pointer (the plus sign) on the block where you want to place the dragon head. You should see the block become highlighted in your game window.
The game control to place the dragon head depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), right click on the block.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap on the block.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, right click on the block.
- For Education Edition, right click on the block.
You should now see the dragon head on the ground.
2. Add a Redstone Device
Next, you need to add a redstone device next to the dragon head. You can use any redstone device such as a lever, pressure plate, or button to activate the dragon head:
- Pressure Plate
The redstone device should be placed within one block of the base of the dragon head (not the snout part of the head). If the redstone device is too far away from the base of the dragon head, it will not activate the dragon head.
In this example, we are going to place a lever next to the dragon head.
3. Activate the Dragon Head
To make the mouth of the dragon head open and close, just activate the redstone device that is attached to the dragon head.
In this example, the redstone device is a lever. So you would activate the dragon head by toggling the lever.
To activate the dragon head:
- If the redstone device is a lever, you need to toggle the lever.
- If the redstone device is a button, you need to push the button.
- If the redstone device is a pressure plate, you need to stand on the pressure plate.
You should now see the mouth of the dragon head alternate between open and closed until the redstone signal ends.